Buy Bichon Maltese Puppies
Personality and Temperament
The Bichon Maltese is always alert, energetic and very intelligent. Although this is a small dog from the group of small dog breeds, it is a strong animal which enjoys having fun and lots of exercise.
The Bichon Maltese is independent and does not take to strangers immediately. It is clean, meticulous and very brave despite its size. It can make a good watchdog.
The Bichon Maltese is a healthy sturdy animal although it can suffer certain health problems. Some of these are genetic and are inherited, but others can be accidental due to its size. They usually live an average of12 years if cared for correctly.
Average Weight and Size
The Bichon Maltese usually weighs between 2 and 3kg and normally doesn’t grow more than 25.5cm in height to the withers. This is a compact dog being the same length from withers to tail as it is from the floor to its withers.
Our Bichon Maltese Puppies
Compatibility with Children and Animals
If parents have taught their children how to treat these dogs correctly, the Bichon Maltese will enjoy playing with them. Dogs are not toys, and bearing in mind their size, this is a fragile animal which could be injured considerably if not treated with care.
Regarding other animals, if a Bichon Maltese lives alongside another animal their relationship is usually and good long-lasting one.
Keep in mind
If you acquire a Maltese do not forget the following:
- White fur could turn a pinkish colour if the dog licks itself, therefore owners should prevent this.
- It is essential that care be taken with its teeth so that they remain as healthy as possible.
- This dog has lots of fur which could cause eye irritations. Therefore make sure its eyes are kept clean.
- It is important to clean its outer and inner ears.
- As they are short and have long fur, grass seeds could become attached to them and even reach their skin. Therefore it is important to examine fur after taking them for a walk.
The Bichon Maltese at Home
At home the Bichon Maltese is a loyal and active dog which adapts well to routines around the house it lives in. However, it is recommended that they be taken for walks regularly so that they can use up some of their accumulated energy.